Every child’s first encounter with physical literacy, key movement milestones, health and fitness, are almost always learnt from role-modelling or guidance by the child’s own parents.
Parents’ positive examples and abilities to provide teachable moments at home during these formative years, set the foundation for the inculcation of important character and values, life skills, habits and essential problem-solving skills.
Parents also provide the platforms for every child to discover the joy of learning, acquiring crucial fundamental movement skills and leading an active, healthy lifestyle.
Thus, parents are indeed every child’s First Coaches!
#SportStartsAtHome #My1stCoachSG #CoachAsLeader
Through this programme, we aim to equip and enable parents with the knowledge on how to help your family and child:
- Develop Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) – Locomotor, Non-Locomotor and Object Control/ Manipulative
- Create F.U.N Games and D.R.E.A.M big
- Make Healthier Choices through the Four Pillars of Active Health: Physical Activity, Nutrition, Sleep Hygiene, Screen Time
- Infuse Character and Values
- Be a Positive Sporting Role Model
This programme consists of a series of interactive, practical sessions which will begin in the 3rd quarter of 2020. (Details to be confirmed! Do watch out for more information on this space!)
Also, enjoy the highlights of the My 1st Coach pilot programme 2019 here.
Brought to you by: